NEWS & EVENTS
There are many developmental steps that your child will take throughout their years of growth. One of the most important milestones is the forming of Gross Motor Skills. These types of skills revolve around the use of large muscles in a concentrated and controlled way. A few examples of this are: climbing, playing tag, running races, catching a ball, balancing, and more. We all know that children practice repetition to understand or mimic movements, so it is important that children are exposed to this, especially at an early age.
There are also many factors that can affect a child’s gross motor skills in a negative way. Technology, being a savior in medicine and other aspects of our daily lives, can also eliminate the desire for children to run outside or develop these skills indoors. Being that gross motor skills revolve around the idea of muscle interaction, children who tend to lounge around do not develop many gross motor skills or it may delay the process.
Another factor includes the idea that we must protect our children and in doing so, we shelter them from a gross motor positive environment. Physical activity is very important to not only our children’s development but their own physical and mental health.
So how do gross motor skills benefit our children? Regular physical activity can impact a child’s confidence, self-esteem, education, and overall mental health. Now that we have a basic understanding of gross motor skills, we believe it is also important to understand how to improve them.
Give your child a place to play. An obstacle course, like ours at Mt Playmore, can provide a safe and fun way for your child to develop their gross motor skills. Teaching your child how to jump rope, or relay race, can also give your child a way to improve coordination. Taking your child to the park is another option to encourage more outdoor play and as a bonus, they can meet and interact with other children their age.
Because our children rely heavily on our influence, especially in early ages, it is important to inspire them to pursue activities that aid in their development. At Mt Playmore-we hope to encourage your child in safe and fun play. It is our goal to provide not only a healthy environment for your children but also a place for parents to unwind.
**If you are seeking help or concerned for your child’s development, please seek a health care professional. This is not a substitute for treatment.**
We know you are all getting tired of being stuck at home, but we are greatly encouraged by the improvement in the City of Austin’s key indicators for the COVID pandemic. We are planning to announce our reopening VERY soon as long as these trends continue. In the meanwhile, we had our friends from Greater Austin Comic Con come by to have some fun and show some of the changes we have made to keep everybody safe when we reopen. Check out the awesome video they helped us make to show off what’s new at Mt Playmore!
For the last few weeks, we’ve been monitoring the evolution of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. With today’s discovery of 2 presumptive positive cases in Travis County, we wanted to share the precautions that Mt Playmore has in place to prevent the spread of germs within our facility. While many facilities are now scrambling to put into place effective measures to prevent the spread of disease, Mt Playmore has always been extremely focused on the health of our guests and team members and has had these procedures in place for many years already.
- Mt Playmore is DIS.IN.FX Germ Expert Certified. The treatment process combines fogging/spraying/misting technologies that treats our entire facility with a proprietary blend of high powered disinfectants, cleaners and RAZOR Antimicrobial Coating™. This treatment process is proven to kill 99.99% of harmful microbes and inhibit microbial growth. This is followed up with periodic ATP testing which can detect the presence of microbial existence on surfaces and is used to verify the effectiveness of our disinfection program.
- We have a fully automated, touch free Meritech hand wash station available for our guests. This equipment has been tested in FDA-certified laboratories to prove that it consistently removes more than 99.9% of harmful pathogens with each wash cycle. (And kids love using it, so it encourages them to wash too!) This station is located adjacent to the Hungry Yeti Café.
- We have numerous hand sanitizer dispensers located throughout the facility, along with sanitizing wipes that are freely available for our guests to use.
- We have also installed addition sanitizer dispensers by our front door so guests may use them immediately upon entering Mt Playmore.
- Our carpets are vacuumed several times per day, and are sanitized daily with Otoban Disinfectant which is guaranteed to kill 99.99% of germs within 60 seconds.
- We are remaining diligent with our cleaning and sanitation. We are taking extra care to be sure that high touch surfaces are being repeatedly sanitized throughout the day.
We continue to review the latest information from the CDC and Texas Department of Health to ensure our policies and procedures align with the latest recommended preventative measures.
We ask that our guests help us in our effort by staying home if not feeling well.
Mt Playmore was featured this week on CBS Austin for their new segment, “Friday ATX Fix”. Check it out at https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/fridayatxfix-breaking-a-sweat-at-mt-playmore